MOVING FORWARD: IN FAITH, IN CHRIST, IN PLAINVIEW
(Our purpose - Why we exist)"We share God's love through worship, service and encouragement."
(Core beliefs that drive the ministry)
Ministry that changes lives
(What we see for the future) "A Church that ministers to all generations and cultures through the power of Jesus Christ"
Ministry Goals for the Next Five Years:
1. FBC Plainview will expand a Children's and Family ministry that will involve 45 families in five years
- Within six months, hire a Children's and Family Minister (Minister of Children/ Preschool) and maintain appropriate support staff
- The Children's-Family Minister will coordinate Quarterly Family Social Activities
- 20 Participating families in year 1
- Increase participation by five families per year
- The Children's-Family Minister will identify person to research, plan and develop Ride-Share by the end of year 1 and will seek to implement and maintain in years 2-5.
• The Children's-Family Minister will coordinate with Children and Youth Committees to plan two family mission opportunities per year (1 in Plainview & 1 out of town)
- The Children's-Family Minister will coordinate a family-specific Bible study during Children's activities on Wednesday night(s).
2. FBC Plainview will establish a Community Missions-Ministry Team by January 1, 2018
- The CMM Team will identify leader (staff or lay) by June 1, 2017
- The CMM Team will research existing models in other cities (Mission Arlington, Mission Marshall, etc…) by January 1, 2018
- The CMM Team will identify Mission Opportunities in Plainview by January 1, 2018
- Seek to partner with existing mission-ministries in Plainview
- Create new mission-ministries not being met in Plainview
- Seek sources for funding mission-ministries by January 1, 2018
- By 2021 have at least 200 volunteers working in multiple mission-ministries throughout Plainview
3. FBC Plainview will establish three new Bible Study groups each year for five
(Includes Sunday School and home-based groups)
- Prayerfully enlist and secure staff member (volunteer or paid) to oversee ministry on or before July, 2017
- Pray, recruit and equip five new Bible Study leaders each year
- 50% of attendees be un-churched or currently uninvolved in a Sunday School class
• The Minister/Volunteer staff leader will plan monthly events to cultivate new Bible study groups beginning August, 2017 – December, 2021.